Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

FIST FULL OF INK...

Hope you're all doing well. I've been trying to keep busy, and lucky you, I'm going to share the fruits of my labor. The above stems from my brother telling me that I should throw out my microns and start using the brush again. While the above was done with a micron brush pen, it was busted to a degree I would have normally discard it. The image is a hodgepodge of elements I rely on too heavily, inspired by a Walt Whitman short story about a man watching the occupants of a potters field moving to a nicer cemetery across town. Leaves and wind...check, death...check, oil-lantern...check, yup, that's me. Standard fare, but I like the fact that it's a wee bit dirtier than I'm normally comfortable with when I go to ink.

The below is something I've always wanted to do, but told myself I couldn't...draw a comic. These three pages are from a story I've had in my head for a few years called 'The Detective with a Melted Face'. It's a vignette a good ways into the story. I won't chew your ear with the story. I've tried sequential format in the past and it's been a disaster...this is more of a calamity. Feedback would be greatly appreciated...


The below is the extremely late work in progress for The Age of Reptiles exhibition, at Paradigm Gallery, opening this Friday, the 25th, hosted by Sir Anthony Pedro of the Turkish Scrub-lands. It's titled 'If you look to the stars with questions, pray they don't answer'. Beyond the initial ink, I'm not quite sure how to treat this one...and I don't really have time to give it too much thought. Shit...

And lastly, this little doodle is something I've been hatching away at while I'm proctoring tests at my day job. The kids love it. They ask why I only draw zombies and monsters. One wrote a few characters on my layout pad in Arabic... turns out they translate to 'Devil'. Ha ha. I hope you've enjoyed the new work. If not, gimmie a call and we can sort out our differences through native throat singing. And almost forgot, this Saturday, the 26th, is the closing of the run away success, A Nation of Evil Men at Masthead Print Studio! Check out a great write-up on the show HERE. More soon folks. I promise.

2 comments:

m.singh said...

I definitely want to see where that comic is going. Good stuff.

Patch said...

It's about friggin' time. My new goal in life; force you to finish said comic. Really diggin' the sketchy-ink quality.