Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Artificial Dissemination 2: Propaganda to Popaganda

If you haven't already seen the media-blitzkrieg I've had a hand in; I'm participating in the second exhibition at PHANTOM HAND: Artificial Dissemination 2; Propaganda to Popaganda. Because of scheduling I had to pass on the first installment in this exhibition series last year at Masthead, and I'm still kicking myself because the work was pretty awesome. When my brother suggested doing a part two at PHANTOM HAND I jumped at the idea. The opening is this Friday, and with some badass work already leaking online and some of the artists from the first show participating, this is going to be one not to miss.

I spent the last few weeks kicking around a few ideas, some offensive, some heartfelt, and some just flat out fucked up, but when the smoke cleared I was left with my first love.


Just got done screen-printing the above for the opening; purple ink on orange french paper, a small run of 24, so if this tickles your taint, then grab one quick before they sell out. Below is a color variation I did up for shits and giggles. I'm way too rusty to do a 4 color screen-print and way to cheap to buy enough blue paper to compensate for my screw-ups, so giclee's will be available in the weeks to come, however they won't be poster-size like the screen-print.


And keeping with the Halloween theme; I dug up this gem, a song I recorded to be handed out at the Autumn Society's Hallowed Halloween exhibition I curated at Paradigm gallery October 2010. This is the demo version, I never made it into my friends studio to re-record it, so you're left with a mash-up of bad vocals and out-of-tune guitars. Enjoy!



Artificial Dissemination; Propaganda to Popaganda
Opening reception: Friday, January 27th 6:00PM-???
at PHANTOM HAND
604 South Street, Philadelphia

No comments: