Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Odder odds and ended ends

Friends,
Hope you're all well. Things have been... I don't have a word for it really... new, slightly stagnant, stressful on a new level, hot pan, idle and yet not. A few odds and ends to show for the past few months; emphasis on odd. Most was not fit to put up here.

Several hours of cross hatching is a warm blanket and a bracing shot of bourbon luge-ed off a sleeping bison's horn. The above helped me through a stressful few days. Not a far stretch from my usual doodle fodder, but something about this felt new to me. Can't put my finger on it. The plan was to do a second layer/color under all the hatching, but I won't spoil what it'd be in the event that I actually finish it.  

The above is an annual ritual starting early. Check a few posts back for a collection of Halloween work I've done over the years. This is going to be the header for a poster, a sort of how-to if you will. 

A quick illo in anticipation of the Hot-Sauce competition at Tattoo Moms a few weeks back. Being a blind taste-test, I did not enter my show-stopper sauce, that contains Squid Ink; didn't want to poison any shellfish allergic/vegan folk. Of course some fuck-tard enters a sauce that contains Worcestershire, flavored with anchovies. Dick head. I hope you get penetrated next time you're in the ocean by a Voltron-style phallic made from a thousand herring joining forces, later spurring flash-back panic-attacks every time you pass a Red Lobster or can of smoked mackerel. 


Some of you may remember this antique (middle pic) I found a few years back; finally getting around to using it for Jl Joseph Beaulieu's Cruci-fuck-tion show at Tattoo Mom's at the end of the month. Completely dismantled, and I'm in the process of reworking each element of the thing. Really hoping I can get it done. Each part is in various stages.

I know I mentioned some Phantom Hand news in the works, but it's still to gossamer to share. Just know we're not giving up. Alex set us up with doing some work for South Street's Hot Dog Festival later this month, so keep an eye peeled for wiener-inspired work at or around Hot Diggity. More soon I promise.



No comments: