Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Teasers, Two Badass Shows, and Shit You Can Buy

Folks,

Hope you're all well. While this summer was pretty stagnant, like clockwork, autumn breathes new life into everything I've been working on. As mentioned previously, Phantom Hand is hosting two exhibitions at Tattooed Mom, and the first, A Nation Of Evil Men 2, is this coming Saturday! (Press release below)
I curated the first A Nation of Evil Men at Masthead Print Studio a few years back and frankly, I dropped the ball. This year I was determined not to let planning the exhibition get in the way of me hanging a strong piece. I think I pulled it off. This is only a detail, but I really stepped out of my comfort zone for this one. Color! Lots of it! I'll be posting the full piece and all the sketches and nasty bits following the opening for those of you who can't make it.

No Matter How You Slice It, This Won't End Well...
It's been pretty quiet in my inbox, but as long as all 40 some artists pull through, this is going to be one hell of a show. And it's at Tattooed Moms, so you don't have to worry about us running out of cheap, shit beer or blood-finger trying to take you home for a gumming.


Work in progress // Detail
Hot on the heels of A Nation of Evil Men, Phantom Hand is hosting Halloween (Saturday, October 27th) at Tattooed Moms. I look forward to these Halloween shows as soon as the prior year's exhibitions come off the wall, so I started the above a wee bit early. As per usual, I have a few different ideas sketched out, so what ends up on the wall might be something completely different. This is definitely going to be a show not to miss. Whatever I end up crafting for this show will be put up here in full the day after the opening.


My Etsy has long been fallow since hocking my wares at Phantom Hand, so I decided to get some new stuff up there. I finally had greeting cards printed (above) and I put up the PCS's third anthology that I'm in. In the coming weeks/months I'll have up new screen-prints and pieces from the upcoming Phantom Hand shows. Take a look!

Also worth mentioning is that I might be doing a poster(s) for Parade of Flesh again, I'm in the process of quitting smoking, and hopefully I'll be moving back to Philly with my lovely girlfriend in the months to come. More soon folks. Lots more.


Tattooed Mom
604 South Street, Philadelphia PA
ONE NIGHT ONLY! Saturday, September 22nd 7:00PM-2:00AM
Phantom Hand and Tattooed Mom presents the second installment of an expose of the faces of evil that make history grimly entertaining. A collection of the debased, comically villainous, perverted, violent, controversial, and grotesque figures that were truly stranger than fiction. These faces and persona have been the fodder for a million books, movies, history channel specials, and bad jokes; A Nation of Evil Men will bring them all together for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: